Thursday 20 April 0715. Two crews responded to a pager call to a fire in a waste bin at the Knoll Road tip. Extinguishment was severely hampered by the presence of sheets of corrugated iron in the bin. Eventually, several thousand litres of water and fire-fighting foam were used to extinguish the smouldering rubbish. One firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation and another suffered a minor knee injury. Standdown 1025.
Knoll Road Waste Bin Fire
Posted in Incident Reports
You must log in to post a comment.